Travelling with Animals
We know what your pet’s comfort and safety mean to you. We have prepared useful information for you about the conditions governing their carriage on Czech Airlines flights.
Live animals can only be transported to countries where the regulations of the country permit, and subject to the terms and conditions specified by that country. Detailed information of travelling with animals can be found on the Czech State Veterinary Administration website.
If you wish to carry an animal, you always need to make a booking (prior to purchasing the ticket) at our sales points or through our Call Centre. We are entitled to request a veterinary service approval of the carriage (including crate for animal) if the animal is in poor health or due to a threatening infection at the country of origin.
Animals can travel on board of Czech Airlines flights:
- With you in the cabin (as cabin baggage)
- In the hold, as checked baggage
- In the hold, as cargo
Transport of animals in the passenger cabin
Dogs or cats are allowed to travel in the cabin with you subject to the following conditions:
- The animal must be transported in a crate with a firm and impermeable bottom and must be placed on the floor under the seat in front of you
- The crate must not exceed the length of 43 cm, the width of 30 cm and the height of 27 cm and the weight of the crate with animal must not exceed 8 kg
- Only three small crates with animals can be transported in the passenger cabin (two in Economy Class and one in Business Class, but no more than 1 crate per passenger)
- Charge of EUR 60 / CZK 1620 is collected for the carriage of your animal
An exception applies to assistance dogs for passengers who are dependent on accompanying dog. These assistance dogs are carried in the cabin without a crate and free of charge.
Transport of animals in the baggage compartment
A dog, cat, or a ferret can be transported in the baggage compartment of an aircraft subject to the following conditions:
- Your animal must be transported in a sufficiently large and firm crate with a impermeable bottom and openings for breathing
- The crate must not exceed the length of 125 cm, the width of 69 cm and the height of 80 cm)
- Please arrive at the check-in counter at least 60 minutes prior to the scheduled departure
- Your name, address, and telephone number must be marked on the crate
- Charge will be collected depending on the weight of the crate with your animal
|up to 23kg||60 EUR / 1620 CZK|
|from 23 to 32 kg||120 EUR / 3240 CZK|
|from 32 to 50 kg||180 EUR / 4680 CZK|
|over 50kg||240 EUR / 6480 CZK|
Carriage of Animals in the Cargo Hold
Live animals can also be transported in the cargo hold of the aircraft as cargo shipment. For more details please contact sales agency.