Travelling with Children
Children, even those who have not been born yet, are among our most valued passengers. The following information is designed for children and expectant mothers.
We offer special rates and services for your children, depending on the age of the child.
Up to the 34th week of pregnancy
- If you do not have any health complications in your pregnancy, you can travel on Czech Airlines flights without a medical certificate issued by your doctor.
- If you do have medical problems, if your previous pregnancy was a multiple pregnancy, or if complications are expected at delivery, a confirmation from your doctor must be presented, on the prescribed MEDIF medical certificate.
Children Under 2 Years (infants), travelling with adult passengers:
- Infants can travel in the lap of an adult passengers, or have their own seat.
- For an infant not entitled to a seat, you will usually pay 10% of the applicable tariff ( if the tariff conditions allow a discount for an infant).
- For an infant who has his/her own seat, you will usually pay 75% of the applicable tariff (if the tariff conditions allow child discount of 25%).
- During take-off, landing, and at any time during the flight when the fasten-seatbelt sign is switched on, your child must sit in your lap and wear a seatbelt attached to yours, or must be seated in and fastened in his/her own car seat certified for use in airplane . The car seat must be certified according to the European standard and have the ECE R44/03, or R44/04, or I Size (UN R129) label and have the notice THIS RESTRAINT IS CERTIFIED FOR USE IN MOTOR VEHICLES AND AIRCRAFT. In order to safely fasten a car seat to a seat on board an aircraft, the bottom of the car seat must not exceed a depth of 41 cm (16 inches) and a width of 42 cm (16.5 inches).
- On flights operated by Czech Airlines, you can travel with up to two children under two years of age.
- The second child must have a confirmed seat reservation and his/her own infant car seat certified for airplane travel.
- Infants without own seat on board a plane are entitled to a free carriage of one piece of checked baggage up to 10 kg and with maximum dimensions of 115 cm (width + height + depth).
- In addition to regular baggage you can have a folding buggy (or a portable crib or a sleeping bag, or an infant car seat).
- A child with a ticket in the Lite price package is entitled to carry only one folded stroller free of charge.
- On board aircraft types A319/330 in Business Class and on board aircraft type A330 in economy class, a child can be put in a carrycot with a capacity of 11 kg (24 lbs) and dimensions of 75 x 32 x 22 cm / 29x13x8 in (length x width x height); the carrycot must be requested when you book a seat.
- During the flight, the smallest children can get special refreshments (a baby meal must be ordered at the time of ticket purchase)
- The food you bring with you in a bottle can be warmed up on board. (Note: The carriage of baby food on board is subject to security regulations).
Children Aged 2 to 12 Years:
- Your children have their own ticket with a special children’s tariff.
- They have the same baggage allowance as adults.
- On the airplane, your children are seated with you.